Persimmon homes have applied for 99 houses to be built North of Broad Oak. Details are here: https://planning.eastleigh.gov.uk/s/papplication/a1M0Y000001UdruUAC/f1780512 .
You can comment with your support or opposition to the application, using the comment box in the top right hand corner of the webpage. The period for comments has been extended and now closes on Fri 21st July 2017.
BPAG opposes this planning application on the following grounds:
- It is within the ‘gap’ between Hedge and Botley, against stated policy of Eastleigh Borough Council and Botley Parish Council of preserving and protecting the green spaces between settlements, and against the Emerging Neighbourhood Plan for Botley which will also state that the green spaces between Botley and surrounding settlements should be preserved
- The houses are not needed and do not meet local housing needs – approval has already been given for thousands of houses around Botley which more than meet local needs. The development does not provide any benefits to the Botley community
- It will add traffic and congestion at the Maypole roundabout and to the A334 which is already a congested road carrying 18,000 vehicles/day. If the Botley Relief road goes ahead this will still add to the congestion at that traffic pinch-point.
- The single access provides limited visibility on to Broad Oak, which is likely to introduce a significant hazard on the congested road.
- The site is directly next to an industrial waste site.